And there’s no better time to get tested and know your HIV status.
Testing is free, quick and easy – you can even test from home.
The campaign aims to promote regular testing among the most-affected population groups in England. Regular testing helps to reduce the number of people living with undiagnosed HIV and those diagnosed late.
- Testing for HIV is quick and easy, all it takes is a finger-prick test
- People can live with HIV for a long time without any symptoms, testing is the only way to know your HIV status
- If you have HIV, finding out means you can start treatment, stay healthy and avoid passing the virus on to anyone else
- There are many ways to test – at a sexual health clinic, your GP, through HIV and sexual health charities or by ordering a test online
- Anyone diagnosed with HIV in the UK can access free treatment and support
It is important to remind people at risk of HIV the importance of regular testing and the options available.
So this HIV Testing Week why not go for a test?
Sahir House along with many other services are offering more opportunities for you to test during this campaign week.
See where you can go for a test on Merseyside on the HIV Testing page here
If you can’t make it to any of these venues, then order a Free and discreet HIV postal test kit available from