Partnership and Research Projects
For all research enquiries and a copy of the Sahir House Research and Placement Policy please contact the Development Manager for more details.
Trans Health Merseyside (THM) is a collaborative project led by In-Trust Merseyside and supported by Sahir House. Established in 2015 and funded by Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) until 31st January 2018. It will now engage with Merseyside’s Trans networks by providing peer mentoring and health and wellbeing information.
The next phase of the project is to move to a monthly meeting at Sahir House facilitated by Kathleen Charters who was project worker up until end of January and will continue on the project in a limited capacity.
- Tuesday 13th November – Cancelled
- Tuesday 20th November – TDOR
- Tuesday 18th December
Trans peer mentors will be available for one-to-one support and signposting before and after sessions: 5.30-6pm and 7.30-8pm.
All sessions are free but space is limited.
Please register your attendance by phoning 0151 237 3989 and ask for Kath Charters. There is changing space available at Sahir House and we are fully accessible.
Facebook: Trans Health Merseyside
Trans Health Merseyside trans support group survey. Full report can be downloaded here.
Sahir House host Interchange student placements from the University of Liverpool. The placements provide students with a meaningful opportunity to research issues affecting Sahir House and the HIV community.
Previous placements have included:
- Experiences and needs of LGBT people seeking asylum (PhD) – read overview
- Health and wellbeing outcomes – read report here
- HIV health awareness training for young people – read report here
- Evaluating the impact of HIV testing campaigns on heterosexual men within the Merseyside area – read report here
- Raising the profile of Sahir House and HIV via media platforms – read report here
- D/deaf peoples access to sexual health support and information – read report here
Interchange is the partner organisation with University of Liverpool, Liverpool Hope University and Liverpool John Moores University.