Sahir House Wellbeing Service provides activities to better physical, mental and emotional health
List of courses and support groups for 2021
- Weekly online peer support drop in for people living with HIV – Contact Kath Charters email@example.com
- Monthly online peer support Trans Health Merseyside – Contract Kath Charters firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly online peer support Wirral LGBT Network – Contact Kath Charters HIVtesting@sahir.uk.com
- Stresses and Strengths group work programme for Many Hands One Heart (LGBTQI+ asylum support group), places limited, to register your interest contact Shereen Cowley email@example.com facilitated by Jennie Geddes and Donna Jackson
- Exploring Loneliness group work programme – open to all Sahir House client groups (HIV, trans, Wirral LGBT, MHOH), to register your interest contact Kath Charters firstname.lastname@example.org facilitated by Kath Charters
- Stresses and Strengths group work programme for Trans Health Merseyside, places limited, to register your interest contact Kath Charters email@example.com facilitated by Kath Charters and Jennie Geddes
- Building Men’s Mental Health (over 45s) group work programme (2 x 1.5 hour sessions held on 3 March 2021. Open to all Sahir House male clients over 45, (HIV, trans, Wirral LGBT, MHOH) places limited, to register your interest contact Kath Charters firstname.lastname@example.org, facilitated by Ash Charlton
Yoga is an ancient form of body and mind wisdom; the practice addresses physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing. Yoga poses stretch your muscles and increases your range of motion. With regular practice, it will improve your flexibility, regulate your breath and heart rate to relieve anxiety, stress and encourage restful sleep.
Walking for Health offers the benefits of gentle exercise to increase the heart rate and number of steps taken per day. It promotes mobility, confidence and improves sleep. Being outdoors increases sense of community and peer support. Walking can reduce risk of injury and disease such as diabetes and maintain body weight. Please abide to social distancing rules.
For more information on any wellbeing activities contact the Wellbeing Practitioner.
You can see a selection of wellbeing activities on the Sahir House Channel – YouTube