Sahir House is currently closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Sadly, due to Covid 19 related guidelines, our premises are closed and many of our usual volunteering recruitment and activities are suspended until further notice. We are holding regular volunteer team meetings with our existing volunteers online to keep in touch and provide update training.
However, if you are interested in volunteering at Sahir House, there are lots of ways you can support the vital work of our charity as well as raising awareness and challenging the stigma associated with HIV, gender, sexuality and asylum issues. See our World AIDS Day page and ideas in our volunteer pack here.
To keep in touch and register your interest in volunteering, please complete your details in our pack and return to Sahir House (We will respect your personal details and not share with any third parties). We will send you our monthly newsletter with news, views and activities going on.
Thank you for your support and interest and we look forward to seeing you soon hopefully.
Research and Placements
Sahir House is inundated with requests and is only able to accommodate limited placements. For all research and placement enquiries and a copy of the Sahir House Research and Placement Policy please contact the Training and Development Manager. email@example.com
Previous placements have included:
- LGBT Health Survey Merseyside – Results and Response (Macmillan and Sahir House partnership) – read report
- Cervical cancer prevention and treatment in Merseyside for women living with HIV – read report here
- Experiences and needs of LGBT people seeking asylum (PhD) – read overview
- Health and wellbeing outcomes – read report here
- HIV health awareness training for young people – read report here
- Evaluating the impact of HIV testing campaigns on heterosexual men within the Merseyside area – read report here
- Raising the profile of Sahir House and HIV via media platforms – read report here
- D/deaf peoples access to sexual health support and information – read report here
- An evaluation of HIV awareness training pilot in nursing / residential homes in Wirral 2012 – read report here
- You feel like a nobody – an investigation into the support and advice needs of LGBT+ asylum seekers in Merseyside 2017 – here