Sahir House welcomes interest from all corners from our diverse communities enabling a rich wealth of experience, skills and qualities that benefit the organisation. We are not currently recruiting volunteers.
To receive regular news updates join our Friends of Sahir House mailing list please complete the enquiry form here.
Research and Placements
Sahir House is inundated with requests and is only able to accommodate limited placements. For all research and placement enquiries and a copy of the Sahir House Research and Placement Policy please contact the Training and Development Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous placements have included:
- LGBT Health Survey Merseyside – Results and Response (Macmillan and Sahir House partnership) – read report
- Cervical cancer prevention and treatment in Merseyside for women living with HIV – read report here
- Experiences and needs of LGBT people seeking asylum (PhD) – read overview
- Health and wellbeing outcomes – read report here
- HIV health awareness training for young people – read report here
- Evaluating the impact of HIV testing campaigns on heterosexual men within the Merseyside area – read report here
- Raising the profile of Sahir House and HIV via media platforms – read report here
- D/deaf peoples access to sexual health support and information – read report here
- An evaluation of HIV awareness training pilot in nursing / residential homes in Wirral 2012 – read report here
- You feel like a nobody – an investigation into the support and advice needs of LGBT+ asylum seekers in Merseyside 2017 – here