We are delighted to welcome Rachel Gaskell, the LGBT+ Lead Social Prescribing Link Worker for the Central Liverpool Primary Care Network to our Thursday Social Space drop in this Thursday 6th July from 1pm – 4pm.
Rachel will be attending our drop in every 1st Thursday of the month. The Thursday Social Space is open to all registered service users. If you are not currently registered for services and would like to attend the Thursday Social Space, please contact us for further information.
Rachel’s role as Social Prescriber, is to link people into community support, for example, this could be a via a service/group/activity etc. With Rachel’s support, you will work on the root cause of what may be impacting on your wellbeing.
The service covers up to six sessions – first session is up to one hour, the rest are 30 mins. In this time, a plan will be established which may include completing referrals, check-ins, general wellbeing support and coaching.
Reasons for a referral to Social Prescribing (general):
- Being active
- Social activities
- Family/Carers Support
- Drugs/alcohol advice
- Mental wellbeing
- Financial support
- Domestic abuse
And anything else that may be impacting someone’s wellbeing.
Extending to an LGBT+ specific Social Prescribing clinic reasons may be:
- Person would benefit from support with someone in the LGBT+ community
- The referrer feels unable to support patient in LGBT+ affirmative way (whether this be due to knowledge, experience, cultural or religious etc dilemmas)
- Person would benefit from in-person link to LGBT+ services
- Person questioning gender/sexual orientation – unsure on next steps
- Person having problems with accessing appropriate healthcare for transitioning
- Person looking to socially transition – considering name change etc
- Person experiencing/experienced hate crime/trauma/domestic abuse relating to being LGBT+
- Family member of LGBT+ person looking for support
- Intersectionality support e.g. Asylum seeker who is questioning identity/sexual orientation
If you’re registered with the following practices Rachel can work with you (if not, she can signpost you to the relevant person):
- Abercromby Family Practice
- Brownlow Group Practice
- Brownlow Health at Kensington
- Brownlow Health at Marybone
- Brownlow Health at Princes Park
- Dingle Park Practice
- The Elms Medical Centre
- St James Health Centre
- Vauxhall Primary Health Care
Please speak to a member of Sahir House staff if you wish to be referred to Rachel or feel free to pop into the drop in Thursday to ask Rachel any questions.